Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 16-1359    Version: 1 Name: Resolution - professional services agreement with Dannenbaum Engineering Corporation (Calder Rd Improvements - Ervin Rd to Cross Colony Dr)
Type: Agenda Item Status: Approved
File created: 10/25/2016 In control: Public Works
On agenda: 11/8/2016 Final action: 11/8/2016
Title: Consider and take action on a resolution authorizing a professional services agreement with Dannenbaum Engineering Corporation for the design of Calder Road - South of Ervin to Cross Colony reconstruction in the an amount not to exceed $885,164 (Deputy City Manager)
Attachments: 1. Data Sheet, 2. Proposed Resolution, 3. Professional Services Agreement, 4. CIP Project Sheet, 5. Revised Proposal, 6. Aerial Map
Title
Consider and take action on a resolution authorizing a professional services agreement with Dannenbaum Engineering Corporation for the design of Calder Road - South of Ervin to Cross Colony reconstruction in the an amount not to exceed $885,164 (Deputy City Manager)

Background:
Approval of this item will authorize a professional services agreement for the design of Calder Road - South of Ervin to Cross Colony reconstruction which is included in the FY2017 CIP budget.

The Master Mobility Plan has Calder Road as a minor arterial which requires an 80 feet of right-of-way. The design will be a three-lane (travel-center turn-lane) 7-inch concrete pavement, curbed and guttered section. This design will also include an eight-foot concrete trail along one side, in accordance with the Trails Master Plan, and a five-foot sidewalk along the opposite side. The project length is approximately 6,000 feet. The design will consider the need of right turn lanes at warranted roadway intersections and driveways.

Dannenbaum Engineering Corporation submitted a reasonable proposal and breaks down the project as follows: Phase I - Preliminary Engineering Report (30% plans) in the total amount of $ 204,128; Phase II - final design drawings and specifications (60%, 90% and 100% plan submissions) in the total amount of $ 300,303, Phase III - bidding and construction phase services in the total amount of $121,798, and additional services (Sub-contracts) in the amount of $258,935.

Upon approval, a notice to proceed with Phase I services will be issued. After City approves the preliminary engineering report, authorization to proceed with Phase II and III will occur. Phase I is expected to be completed in six months, Phase II, final design with contract documents, has an expected completion time of six months.

By State law engineering services must be a qualifications based selection. Upon selection of the engineer, scope is defined and fees are negotiated on a case by case ...

Click here for full text